Monday, 15 April 2013

Done!

There has been quite a lot of knitting happening here over the last several weeks - both here, and, as you may gather from the photographs, on the narrowboat.  We had several hours out on the water the other day, it was lovely.  And as I can't show pictures of my knitting, I can at least show pictures of the waterway.


I don't think there was ever any real doubt about whether I would meet the deadline, to be honest.  But nevertheless there is always a certain degree of tension inherent with such things, which isn't necessarily a bad thing for a short space of time, but can become a little too much when it goes on for too long.

So what happened is that I finished all the first lot of squares in good time, together with the other project, and posted them off.  And then I was offered some more to do, and accepted.  So that meant another deadline.


The upshot of all this is that I have knitted sixty squares. Plus, of course, that extra project.  And that, for me, has been quite enough squares, just for the moment.  Please do not mistake me here - this is as nothing, compared to the level of work that the designer has done.  I happen to know that over the last four days alone she has knitted no less than thirty four squares.  I don't know how she is able to even speak coherently, I really don't.


 Anyway, for me it has been sixty squares.  They have all been different, all worked using intarsia, and all worked with Rowan yarns.  Each and every one of them has been a separate and beautiful little gem.  I just wish I could show them!  But that will have to wait until the book is published.

I cannot really say much more about this.  I can say that the book is co-authored by a designer who is from the Rowan 'stable' - I have no idea when it is due to be released - I can say that when it is released, I think it is going to be popular, because it is such a good idea - and there you have it, I think!


One thing that I have particularly enjoyed about this project is being able to knit with some Rowan yarns that have been new to me, and I shall have more to say about this soon.


1 comment:

Sel and Poivre said...

So wonderful to see the waterway and hear your tales of knitting special secret and lovely things. It feels so long though since we had a peek at your wee Pup!