I have finished two things over the last couple of days, and they are both for other people.
The first thing is a little Debbie Bliss baby coat with a hood - you might perhaps have read about it here - unfortunately the hood had accidentally been knitted on back to front, and some sorting out was required. This was a real crisis for a new knitter, as you can well imagine.
I suggested picking up stitches below where the hood was joined to the front, and also above, just to be on the safe side. Then it would be possible to snip a single stitch in the middle of the join and unpick out to each side, and so separate the hood from the two fronts. After that, turning the hood round the right way, and grafting it back in place, taking care to keep the pattern correct.
Jannette would normally have done this herself but unfortunately had hurt her hand. So between them, she and her customer decided to send it to me for sorting out and finishing. I was happy to be able to help.
Now the second thing! I am rather pleased about this, too.
Alison's colourwash technique produces a gentle shaded colour shift, very subtle and beautiful. The colours here are Dewberry, Majestic, and Shadow - this takes the colour from a soft true purple, through a greyed lilac, to a pearly pale Ashes of Roses.....
The edge is finished with a soft ruffle - and that in turn is finished with a fluffy cast-off, which really does add the finishing touch.
The construction is a Mobius strip, worked all in one piece. It is great fun to knit, I can tell you, and it is fascinating watching the fabric grow, forming this wonderful shape. This is the first time I've made one of these, but I am sure it won't be the last.
Now, back to the Beaded Boa.... I'm having a lot of fun here!